Thursday, May 18, 2006

Reilly'd out

Well... today was one of those challenging days.
After realising we had our new used car for 14 days and today was the last day to officially register it in our names the hunt was on for the paperwork. Found it... phew. Now... I rang Lafe at 07.50 and he said "meet me at the RTA at 10.10am". Ok, fine. Reilly and I went to the Warehouse first to pick up some paint (meanwhile when cleaning up this afternoon I found the paint that I had been looking for... so it was an unnecessary excursion!!!). Whenever we pull into the Warehouse carpart Reills' goes nuts. Not sure why. Guess he doesn't like it there. We arrived at the RTA at 10.05 and got our ticket and waited. By 10.12 we had finished being served and waited for Lafe. At 10.45 I began to worry something had happened to him, so drove to the nearest pay phone (up near the TAFE), as of course I didn't have the mobile on me. Called him, he answered and sheepishly admitted he had forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmm, no bottle for Reills, no nappy... I couldn't stay in town, so I told Lafe that the lady behind the counter was waiting for him to present his licence, sign and pay! Off we went... to the IGA where Reilly in fine form threw himself on the floor again... Then who do we run into but Mama Camel (I really struggle to spell ??Chameleon) who says "call in on your way home"... boy did I want to, but again, that lack of bottle, nappy and the mood Reilly was in really was not conducive to a relaxing chat.
Reilly then managed to chase the donkey all over the paddock before I got him in the house (Reilly, not Tamzin, although Tammy would have been more well behaved today I think). Things went downhill from there... until Reilly finally crashed and slept for some time.
Currently eating Chocolate Barbarian pie (as Doobs always used to call it) and waiting for Law and Order to come on tellie. Lafe has crashed on the lounge. He never does that.. he must be tired.
Next post I'll try to get some more photo's up.
On On

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger michelle said...

YOu. Poor. Thing!!!!
How frustrating. Our kidlets never seem to want to cooperate on the frustrating days do they.
I did not mind at all that you didn't come by. I didn't want the spontaneous invite to sound pushy anyways in case you had been awake for 24 hours after work and were dying for a nap! =)
Today has GOT to be better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home