I should mention..
After a whopping 3 hours sleep I realised I should have mentioned in my last post that its not all fun and games at work. There are many dark times, lots of sadness and difficult moments. While we do laugh at some of the hijinks, our main priority is the dignity and well-being of the patients. One staff member gets hurt pretty much every shift in some way, mostly just bruises, but there have been lots of broken bones over the years as well, caused by angry and/or confused patients. I just wanted to clear it up in case anyone thinks I don't have my patients best interests at the top of my list.

4 Comments:
We know! Shoey ws telling us last night how you are almost over concientious. And I said I would pick you to be my dementia carer! I know that I will end up there, sooner probably than later!
Anyone who knows you knows that you are so caring and wouldn't think the stories you told as being insensitive. I think it's great that you can laugh about some of the situations you find yourself in...otherwise you'd probably be crying all the time!
W-do you have a nickname? Do you have more pics? You know a pic paints a thousand words.
My nickname is Misfit. Shoey often just calls me Missy. Which I don't like, but tolerate because I love him and he's adorable! I have a ton of photo's. I must get them up on here.
Post a Comment
<< Home