Friday, July 25, 2008

As Stuburn as a ??

Last week I thought I had tamed Tamzin enough to try to ride her. Bareback. Not the best of plans in hindsight. I can finally walk without much of a limp... my right arm and my shoulder/neck area are beginning to feel better too! That said, today I decided it was high time to saddle her up! (this was after I got home from town to discover Tamzin, Helena and Bambi were feasting in our backyard, instead of in their paddock. After safely locking up the goats, it was time to catch the donkey! I finally cornered her (funnily enough, when cornered quick enough, most donkey's do not kick out.. they become quite docile. The vet told me that when she was microchipping Tamzin). I figured seeing as i had to catch her, might as well rein her up, and saddle her. Never having saddled a horse/donkey or ANYTHING before (I have ridden lots of animals, but never had to put the saddle on them), I took a guess. Not even a problem! I tied her up to the trampoline (as you do) and let her feast on some hay after I had the saddle on. Here are some photo's and video's. Some I took, some Chad was chief camerman.





2 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

Hey Wendy,
Blogger has not been letting me comment - grrr. This is try #3!
It would never have occured to me to try to saddle a donkey....she looks pretty placid.
RYC: we had an area under the house where the wood goes. The first half was stacked neatly, then it started to rain and the last half is in an untidy heap! :)

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger michelle said...

You finally managed to get Tamsin saddled!!!! YAY. Now to have it become a regular thing. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home