DayCare
Well, its almost half way though my DayCare week and its been fun. On Monday I had two sisters in care who I'd never met before and they were very good. The highlight of the day was when one of them threw up all over the lounge room carpet. I'm still working on the stain! Yesterday we had a 'B" day, you know, bubbles, butterflies etc. Well, the bubbles went down well, but neither BamBam or the little girl in care could care less about colouring the butterfly. It was an effort to get them to sit still. I sure hope L slept well when she got home. BamBam certainly did! For two fairly quiet, laid back kids, they had a field day jumping on each other, tackling each other and destroying the play tent (usually with BamBam on the inside and L jumping on the outside). It was hysterical.
Last Saturday was my birthday and I worked until 4pm, then we went running, ate pizza and the kids had made a treasure hunt for me to find my presents. I guess they hadn't anticipated me searching outside in the dark!!!! The last present was out in the paddock in the stable, and its a brand new pushbike. I can't wait to ride it (once I actually saw it on Sunday morning).
Shoey meanwhile is training for his marathon, or half marathon, whichever he decides to do. I'm real proud of him.
Running this week the kids were officially 'named'. One is now known as Hot Cheeks, due to the story he told of bending over in front of the heater when he was little and burning three stripes across his butt. Sounds terrible, but actually it was a funny story. You had to be there. Doobs has now been officially named Puddles, as her embarrassing story told of when she was about 2 or 3 and she must have been thirsty and she decided to lick the water out of a puddle on the ground. I have photographic evidence of that.
Well, must go, am on night shift tonight.

2 Comments:
Was it BamBam's birthday?
Was it your birthday?
Oh dear!
Happy belated birthday!
Make sure you come on Monday night! Hint, hint! (don't get too excited. It's only a cake :) and I am cooking it. With loving care, I might add.
Love the names, specially Hot Cheeks.
We'll have to go for a ride together on our groovy bikes.
Hope your shift went well.
Mine, I'm officially 'over the hill' now! don't you dare do a cake you silly.
Post a Comment
<< Home