A quick update
Well, no time to fight with this thing to put up photo's, although I do have some.
Note to Grandma and Grandpa Williams: I have written you two emails, both of which BamBam has deleted... grrrr. So once again, I'm thanking you on here for the latest of so many packages you have sent. We received it yesterday. You are too generous. Especially considering the cost to come and see us. That is gift enough, but we do appreciate all you send. Just wanted to let you know.
BamBam had his checkup at the Paediatrician this week. He's now within (just) the normal range of weight, so he's not overweight anymore. The Dr was very pleased with his progress, and with the diet. We talked a bit about his tantrums... and violence. If we can't teach him to manage it, then medication may be the only option, but currently its manageable. Just. And only when on the diet. Off the diet he's impossible. I'd have to have a padded room for him. Seriously. Its not something I like to think about much. Meanwhile he's learnt to say Mum, but not to me... just whenever...to whoever...usually a bloke.And he's learnt to say 'ball', but only for the ball I showed him when I taught him...ha! Those other balls are not 'ball'.!!!! People tell us how well he's doing, and how he's pretty normal.... he only looks like that because of all the help we have teaching him. NOTHING comes naturally to him it seems. The appropriate things he does are 'taught'. Most people just can't get their head around it. And its frustrating for us, as they think we are paranoid, but he's so quiet, that when he goes missing you can get frantic very quickly, and it happens daily. However that being said, his pet gosling is a good indication. If he's in his locked yard (that he managed to escape last week... oh dear) with Honour, then usually he's picking her up and putting her in his wading pool. That means that I can hear her calls for help!!!!! So at least I know where he is!! How funny that I rely on a goose to let me know he's close by. Well, I don't really rely on it, but it is useful.HotCheeks and Piddles have martial grading tomorrow...good luck guys. I'm off this weekend which is very exciting. Not often I get a weekend off. The down side of that is that I don't get paid for it.
Shoey is good. He is looking forward to this afternoon as this week has been horrid at work for him. (more so than usual).
We are still praying of course for our good friends (they know who they are) and their recent loss.
The kids go back to school on Monday... and not a moment too soon I must say. They've been good, but are suddenly getting bored. And my work schedule means that we havent' done anything these holidays. Not even gone to the park.
Well, must go, as I have to get to work this afternoon. Love to everyone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home