Update - well another attempt.
Well, we've been flat out... but last weekend we had Hot Cheeks soccer presentation. He got the Coaches award again... its the third year in a row (he's only been playing for 3 years) that he's received the extra trophy.
We were sitting watching and I was videoing the ceremony, when the under 6's went up on stage... next thing we know, BamBam had followed them up, and was front and centre, clapping at the crowd (how embarrassing). Luckily for us, he had his "I have Autism, whats your excuse" t-shirt on, so we didn't have to explain too much. Before Shoey got to the stage to retrieve him, the under 6's left, so he followed them down... phew... until the under 7's went up... and up he went...front and centre...clapping at the crowd... Shoey retrieved him this time.... I got it all on video.
Meanwhile the week before his birthday, we believe BamBam ate something thats contraband. He was totally unmanageable. We forget how bad he had gotten behaviourwise until he gets something to eat that he shouldn't. Then the memory of it comes back quickly. We went to church during this time... against our better judgement, as we knew he was difficult to control.... during the ceremony I kept him busy by stretching his 'waiting ball' over his head. It was bright orange. Here is a photo of him with is green one on:

You can imagine an almost 3 year old, running amok in a church wearing a fluro orange spiky rubber cap thingy... everyone was watching him instead of paying attention to the service. So I took him over to the minister's house, where his wife (Mama C) was taking the Sunday School kids. That was almost as big a disaster. I locked BamBam and I into a back bedroom (they call it the fun room, but let me tell you, it WAS NOT FUN) and BamBam kicked and screamed and banged and was just about sending me aroudn the twist... it was the longest half an hour I think I've lived through for a while... but a few days later, and having detoxed from gluten and/or casein, he was back to his placid normal (depends on what you call normal) self.
Anyway, he's been a pleasure again since he detoxed.
We've all had some dreaded tummy bug. I got it last Wednesday night, on Friday I got called to the school to pick up Piddles and by the time I got there BamBam was also in sick bay. They threw up all Friday night. Piddles was still sick on Sunday, but ok today. They had their school photo's done today at school...so going by past years, we might have them back before Chirstmas! Shoey was home from work today with it. Yeah. We are a bunch of sad sacks.
The weather has been very warm here... in fact todays paper said we've bypassed spring and moved straight into summer. Except for the wind on Friday and Saturday...our stables were upended twice in that time. Ughh. Poor Shoey was ill, but still got out there and fixed it.

1 Comments:
His hat was sure a showstopper!!
Post a Comment
<< Home