He's beginning to 'self learn'.
Well, I may be a bit optimistic, and Shoey and I have been cautiously so, but for the past month or so BamBam has made leaps and bounds in his learning department, and at times he is picking up things without us even teaching him. Very very simple things, but things none the less. He also is talking much more and attempting many more words. Not more than one word, but he is rying new words each day. He can now say car and a few other things that we never thought he'd ever get. He is putting signs together to sign 'more food please' when he wants more to eat. He only does this after we have already given him a piece of apple for example, and he can see the rest of it, and wants another piece. He hasn't yet come and asked for food without seeing it first, but its a start. His memory seems so much better, although this week he's a bit off... I hope he's just missing the kids like we are. But it used to be weeks, months and in some cases over a year of DAILY repetitions of things for him to finally learn the meaning of one word, but now he's remember things much quicker. He can indicate his teeth, ears, eyes and nose when we ask him to. I showed him his belly button last night, and I won't at all be surprised if he remembers it after only one or two more showings. Again, he's still a long way behind most 3 year olds, but he is trying, and he's so happy and CUTE! His comprehension of words is now better than we would have expected. I'm hoping by the time Grandma and Grandpa Williams visit next he will be able to communicate with them. We find it funny that when we mention certain words we have to spell them around him (moon for example) because he'll be out there looking for the moon. I have a small video of him I'm trying to figure out how to put on here. It was taken on Christmas day. Its short and hard to see, but he's asking for 'more food please' in sign language. He can say the word 'more', but he signs it as well.
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

1 Comments:
Gorgeous Riley is doing SOOO well. How exciting!
Post a Comment
<< Home