Thursday, December 21, 2006

Beetroot

I just read Mama C's sisters blog and I must have been in her's when she was in mine, because it looks like we left messages about the same time! How funny. Anyway, she had a story about spilt beetroot... and she meantioned how it SPREADS.... well we agree. Shoey has grown our own beetroot this year and he had some of them in the fridge. He decided to cook them, or heat them in the microwave... well guess what? They exploded.. just the way eggs do, and we had purple juice everywhere. Who would have thought that they'd be so juicy?? I thought the stuff in the can was put in some liquid, but now I'm wondering, as there was tons WITHIN the 'shell' of the vegetable, or fruit or whatever it is. We now have a sort of pink stained micowave!

3 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger michelle said...

EEEwwwy! LOL! I miss you!

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misfit is occassionally prone to exagerations and here is another one, I had a cover over the plate of sugar beets, so YES, they explode (now I use a fork and poke holes in them) BUT, if you have them covered, like moms around the world tell/order/plead with us to do, then it is not a major exercise to remove them and put them in the sink so the wife can clean them (ha!).

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

Exploding beetroot is an unusual way to redecorate your microwave....who knew you needed to prick them first?
Out of curiosity, do you eat beetroot hot? We only ever have it as salad at home although from memory (it seems like a very long time ago!) when we've gone to swankier restaurants they may have had it hot, in some exotic form and tiny portion of course! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home