Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Silly Season - I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Well I had a lot to put on here, but the piece of paper I had written notes on has mysteriously dissapeared.

I am typing this on my brand new laptop courtesy of Shoey... now I can do things in the Kitchen where BamBam can't get to me!!! thats the idea anyway.

Its handy to look up recipes in the kitchen too.

We had our bible study Christmas party/doo last week... a ton of fun and ton of food and as Shoey said the "Williams Faux Pas" as well (whats new!). I bought the kids christmas cards, just cheap ones that said 'humourous' on them for them to write to anyone they wanted. Well they did, and thats fine, but we went to the Bible Study party and both Piddles and HotCheeks wrote one card out per person... i.e. the Minister and his wife got a card EACH, another couple there got a card to Mr W and another to his wife Mrs W... and this is from each of them, so including their kids one family may have received 5 cards.... one for each person!!! Thats not the faux pas though... after we had been there a few minutes we noticed our Minister rolling around the floor in apparent hysterical laughter (ok, I'm exaggerating, but not much)... turns out the card HotCheeks gave him said: We three kings of Orient are.... at Christmas time we head for the Bar!! and had a cartoon picture of three young... rather umm.. happy chappies... each holding their beverage of choice... beer, beer and more beer...
How embarrassing... but I have to admit it was funny. I guess I should have sensored the cards. Who would have thought??? One other thing that happened was we had this white elephant auction. I've never been to one before, but apparently we are all much more civilised than Mama C's family according to her hubby. However, Diva, Mama C's daughter had brought with here a HUGE stuffed puppy for the auction and she had plans to take it home with her. Luckily no-one else got it and no-one wanted to swap it for their gift. So she got to keep it. The thing is, the lady who was hosting the party asked Diva if it was the biggest toy she had...she said 'yes, but Daddy has a much bigger toy bunny that he sleeps with sometimes'.... who is Daddy?? Our minister.... I wonder if he knows that we know about his toy bunny.... hahahaha!

Then two nights later I get to work and find a cylinder shaped present with my name on it and a note that says "for when you don't feel like a big one" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes.... Of course I couldn't open it fast enough... just joking... I was rather curious.... however it was very innocent... a new coffee cup. You see the one I use is about 20cm high and has a santa on it with Merry Christmas... and I like it because i can actually see it in our cup cupboard when I need to find it fast... plus I use it year round so I feel happy all year, not just at Christmas. Anyway, the new one is bright stripes with a beautiful flower on it. Thank Chez... its great.

Now... onto more interesting business. Last night was Piddles Year 6 farewell. Here is a photo of her before she went.
Of course I have to add a photo of Hotcheeks... who I had to pick up from school before lunch as he had a bite on the back of his neck, which is ok now. But that is why he had no shirt on inthe photo, because shirts were rubbing the bite!
And of course BamBam here reading "The hungry little Catterpillar" which he loves.
Well thats about it for now... until the next blog!

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

LOL about the Christmas cards and gift exchange! Its so funny to get somebody else's perspective....I'll have to get MamaC to tell me all about it too :)
Have a wonderful Christmas!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home