Monday, November 06, 2006

A day in the life of FunnyFarm.



Someone at my work mentioned that 'funny farm' was quite appropriate for my family... I'm not sure if that was meant as a compliment or not!!!!
That being said, this week after having about 3 hours sleep in over 48 hours I slept in a bit on Wednesday morning and Shoey got BamBam up and about. I vaguely heard Shoey kissing me and telling me to have a great day as he headed out to work as I blissfully dozed on. I was dreaming of Honour, our house goose. She was so loud it was almost deafening... then it hit me... YIKES, its not a dream... she's in bed with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eeek. Good on you BamBam... He was also in bed with me... luckily Honour didn't poop in there, as she was nappy-less! BamBam was most unimpressed when I dragged her out the door to the backyard. As most of you know we are trying to help BamBam learn to speak human. We have a fantastic Speech Pathologist who has been invaluable, and so far BamBam can say "moo" meaning "Moon", "more", "Cat", "God" meaning dog, and lots and lots of 'ba' meaning everything else. He's still silent most of the time, but he signs all those words he can say. He also signs words he refuses to even attempt! But at least we have a small line of communication. What we do, is hold each and every itme up near out mouth, so he has to watch out lips and we loudly and clearly use one word to describe that item, i.e. I might hold a cup up and say (pointing to it at the same time) CUP and wait until he says it. Often all we'll get is a 'ba', but at least he's trying it, so when thats all he says we do it again and again, for 3 or 4 times (after that we loose his concentration usually). He gets praise each time he attemps it, even if all he says is 'ba'. So this week I took his we shirt of (yep, he won't have a shower, but he's happy to play in the rain!) and we went and got a clean dry one. I held it up and and said "SHIRT" and he immediately repeated "TURD"..... aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. As I was telling Shoey later... I can't believe I was praising him for saying that!!!!! Here are some photo's of the kids that were taken last month at school and of couse some of BamBam. The kids were in the Capers Performance this weekend too. And on Saturday there were some photo's in the local paper,and low and behold if HotCheeks wasn't in there... and a partial of Piddles.

Piddles and BamBam - official school photo, 2006.

Here is BamBam after he raided the fluro zink stick.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger michelle said...

I love knowing you guys. Never a dull moment that's for sure. and you guys are so hospitable. Hey are you up for a walk tomorrow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home