Saturday, December 30, 2006

Tomorrow is our Christmas

All going well, Tomorrow and New Years Day will be our family Christmas. Piddles and HotCheeks should be home tomorrow after lunchtime. Shoey is working with a local farmer all day tomorrow, so they won't be opening presents until he gets home! They don't know this yet. They will get to open one present though.... each year we make them work for at least one present.... this year is no exception, and I sure hope it takes them longer than 10 minutes to get through this years' challenges as its taken me literally hours to get the challenges ready. I am making it a lot harder this year though... so hopefully it will take a while. They have 7 challenges. The first is a scavenger hunt, which inclues buying something (a piece of fruit) from the local store... that in itself should take at least 15 minutes! And they have to get at least 9 signatures from people they know.... anyway there are 20 things on the scavenger hunt. Then there are 20 trivia questions... they are HARD. They will need dictionaries, internet, books etc to answer them. After that they get a word finder, then a crossword, then a numbers riddle, then a jigsaw I made up that they have to piece together (there are only about 63 pieces from memory) and once its together, they turn it over to reveal the whereabouts of the next challenge. The last challenge they have is to decipher Egyptian Hieroglyphics to find where the present is hidden!!! Phew...
I'll let you know (if anyone is interested) how it goes. Most of the puzzles etc have a Christmas/Christian/Santa theme.
Well, must go... got a million (do I exaggerate?) things to do.
Until next year.....

3 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

LOL, thats brilliant! What a cool Mom :)
Have a wonderful celebration together.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger michelle said...

I sit at your feet, sister! Cna't wait to see you on Monday and see how it all went!!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger michelle said...

Ps. The kids had a treasure hunt for one of their presents, but nothing like what you did. I am so totally copying you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home