Piddles is home again!
This morning BamBam and I set off to Scone to meet my parents who have had Piddles for almost a week. She has been missed. So at 7am off we go.... until we get an hour down the road and BamBam decides as only he can that now would be the time to get out of his seatbelt and jump around on the back seat. That means of course that we stop. I figured maybe he was hungry, so I fed him breakfast (he had only just woken up when we left and he has a routine of having a drink of rice milk in bed when he wakes up, then waits and hour or two depending on whats happening before he has some rice porridge). Anyway, anyone who knows anything about Autism will understand the need for routine. Unfortunately I parked at a rest area where there was play equipment, and BamBam has recently discovered play equipment at parks. Before this he would only play at one particular park on the equipment...I'm guessing it was the first set we put him on, so he thought it was the only one to play on. Again, that Autistic stuff comes into play.... teach them right the first time or forever more they'll do whatever you've shown them the way they saw it!!! After a quick bite of mango, and rice puree (easier than trying to heat up rice porridge on the road)....yes. Same thing. He first had rice porridge warm, so thats how its got to bed But I digress. After a quick nappy change and some yelling and screaming (BamBam, not me - because I wouldn't let him play on the equipment. Mean you might say a quick play wouldn't hurt. True, but if you are thinking that then you don't have a child with Autism. Time means nothing to some!!!!!!). So off we go again, this time, probably illegally I put him in the front seat in his booster seat so I can make sure he doesn't try to get out again and it works well until we just get into Scone, luckily its a 50km/hour speed limit and I was doing about 45 (speed cameras) because good ol' BamBam was in fine form and moved the gearstick while I was driving...just put me in a lower gear, but thats not the point.
Above is just waffle.. its after midnight and all I really wanted to say was Welcome Back Piddles.
Its great to have you home.
And tomorrow HotCheeks comes home. More over the weekend.
Here is a photo of BamBam and Piddles....playing on the play equipment. See I'm not THAT mean. I let him play at Scone. And then we took him yelling and screaming into the car to head home!!!!


2 Comments:
Awwww, look at his happy little face :) There would be screaming and crying from my kids too (and a complete disregard for time) but without a decent reason for it!
I hope you all have a great weekend with your older kids home again. Has Bam Bam missed them or did he enjoy having you guys to himself?
Robyn, you are as big an internet junkie as me... you were up early! BamBam I think missed the kids. He would wander aimlessly around (usually he's on a mission of some description) and was just a bit 'off'. So I think he was trying to figure out what was different. Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment
<< Home