Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sheep, Pooh and Sticks



What do sheep, pooh and sticks have in common in our household?? Well, they are blogworthy.

We'll start with the sticks. When is a stick not a stick?? Before Christmas I took the kids Garage Sale-ing with me in order to get some things for the White Elephant auction. Anyway, not a good idea to take BamBam... sheesh. Long story short (as Shoey would say) we got to one place and in between me fetching BamBam from the house verandah, and removing him from the bikes there etc, HotCheeks asked me if he could buy 'that'. I looked and said 'what is it?'. He said 'they're sticks'. I asked how much. He replied "$50". I asked him if he had $50 and he said 'yep' - which he did, he saves his money! So I thought I'd teach him a lesson and let him waste his money. At this time, BamBam had taken off around the back of the house and I was in hot pursuit. When I retrieved BamBam and carried (read: dragged kicking and screaming)him I saw HotCheeks struggling with a long box which obviously held his new sticks. They looked heavy. When we got home HotCheeks said "cool, now I can set up my swords". "What SWORDS" I asked... well, apparently when I was chasing down BamBam the owner of the 'sticks' explained to HotCheeks that they were indeed swords.... oh brother. So he probably got a bargain!!!!! So much for my lesson. I was rather horrified, as I'm not a fan of any weapon (much to Shoey's distres), and the fact that any blade of any kind cannot be sold legally to a person under 16 years of age (that includes knives) I was stunned. So under this posting I have included a photo of said 'sticks'.

Next comes the pooh. When is a pooh not a pooh. Well, when BamBam does one in his nappy (diaper for those who call them that). It seems he's more than willing to point out "Moo" and do the sign language sign for pooh when he sees any outside (and believe me, our geese are shocking offenders), but he refuses to let us know when he does one in his nappy. He will however come and tell us when he does one on the ground (or in Chad's bedroom as the case may be) when I haven't put a nappy on him to allow his bottom to 'air'. As he is more visual than anything else, we can only assume that he needs to see it to realise it is there. When its in his nappy, he can't see it, so does not realise! Ughh.

Lastly the sheep. And I'm very sheepish and embarrassed about this one. When is a sheep in the meadow, not a sheep in the meadow? When I bought a tie for shoey and it was supposed to be sheep prancing in the meadow... well there were sheep on it, but they weren't prancing exactly. They were doing other things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost died... then laughed, then had to have another look to make sure I wasn't imaging things!!!!! UUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! So Shoey has given the tie to one of his mates. I did take a photo of it but I have chickened out of posting it on here!!!

Now I'll go bury my head back in the sand.

Meanwhile, here are HotCheeks' sticks (apologies for his messy desk...he's currently in there cleaning):

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Robyn said...

LOL you had me laughing all the way through this! I think Hot Cheeks did get a bargain :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home