Friday, January 19, 2007

Tent City

The plan was to go to the Scripture Union camp that Shoey and Piddles are at early today and be home by 1000hrs. Well, as you know, never make plans when kids or animals or husbands are involved!!! BamBam woke me up at 0300hrs very happily playing his version of ‘the Wizard of Oz’ in his cot. At least that’s what I think he was doing. He can’t string two words together, but he can make almost any animal sound and he was making his ‘wicked witch’ laugh then doing an array of other role-playing things. I tried ignoring him, he wasn’t in distress, so why worry. At about 0350hrs my alarm clock started making weird noises. That was even more annoying than BamBam, so to cut a long story short, I got up, gave BamBam a bottle and he went back to sleep at some time, as did I. Then I woke up and it was almost 0900hrs…YIKES. I can’t remember sleeping in that long in years. Not that it was a good sleep I might add, as I had forgotten about those darn sticks under my pillow and now have a nice bruise on my shoulder where I must have slept on them for some time. Bit I digress. Anyway, we did go out to the camp, and it looks like fun, but for some reason I thought it would have been bigger than it seemed. Maybe a lot of people are bunking in with others rather than everyone having their own tent. The ‘kitchen’ area was fantastic, with real working fridges, a HUGE deepfreeze and even carpet underfeet. Amazing. Shoey said he’s trying to talk me into going out next year, but wait a minute, I thought I’d said (before he did) that I’d be interested in going next year???? I would prefer to have a caravan, not really for the comfort, as I love tents, but more for BamBam. There are times when he needs to be confined for his own safety. I’m not sure how I’d wangle it, what with work and all, but we’ll figure something out. Shoey and Piddles were having a great time. We are really missing them.

HotCheeks and I have both be a bit unwell today too. I am wondering if it was the apple turnovers we both ate last night.

Sending prayers Diva’s way too, as she was stung by a bee the other day and has a localized reaction. I hope your arm gets back to normal soon.

Here are some photo’s of the camp, and Shoey. And Shoey’s tent which he has pitched away from the main core of campers and under a tree. When we arrived there I looked and thought ‘who in their right mind would pitch a tent under a tree’. Oops… my husband that’s who!!!! He said that if he gets killed by falling branches, then its his time, and so be it. I hope that’s not His plan.


Here is Shoey waving to us, he had just spotted us and was coming to greet us.
This is the main camping area. The 'kitchen' area is off to the left behind the white car.

Here is Shoey's camp. Under the largest tree in the place it would seem!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home