Friday, January 26, 2007

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY

Hello everyone, its Jan 26th 2007, 1530hrs and its very hot.Yesterday was a big, long, tiring day for us all. I worked a night shift on Wed night, then didn't sleep yesterday at all, so that meant I had only had 1.5 hours sleep in almost 48 hours. Shoey was almost in the same boat, chatting with his parents until after midnight, then BamBam got him up a few hours later (I was at work remember), so we were both tired, and yet we still planned a big day!



Piddles and Hotcheeks stayed at Mama C's house (thankyou so very much, I'm sure it wasn't as much fun cleaning up as you said it was having them...I think you are too kind Mama C), so I picked them up at about 0830 yesterday morning. I'm not sure they wanted to come home, but Piddles had a doctors appointment. So... I left BamBam with Hotcheeks, have never done that for any more than about 10 minutes before, but he was great, even changed a poohy nappy! So off Piddles and I went for her doctors appointment to find out what to do about the warts on her hands and legs. The doctor began by saying that nothing is a surefire cure, and I butted in to explain everything that we had already done to try to combat the problem... halfway though my spiel (I had been informed before the appt that our doctor won't generally do anything to get rid of them, just let them run their course, so I was prepared with my verbal onslaught) the Dr held his hand up to me (in the stop sign position) and said 'hang on, hang on... settle down, I can see you are determined about this, so lets discuss some option'. So I moved back in my seat and listened. The good Dr told me that there had been some evidence that Tagamet (usually used for tummy problems) had been having some good effect on warts for whatever reason, and also that he could try to burn some of them off with that gas... whats it called? I have a mental blank right now. Anyway, I said, yep, lets do it. (Never mind the fact that Piddles was sitting there wondering what she was in for). So the Dr then tells Piddles that it will hurt (the absolute worst thing he could have said.. .ignorance is bliss for her) and long story short, she was screaming "stop its hurting, no more, stop" for all and sundry to hear, while he and I held her down. He 'burnt' about 6 warts, and we will go back in a month to see how it went. She also started on Tagamet. It was a very stressful appt for the Doctor and me!! Not to mention poor Piddles.

After that we came home and grabbed HotCheeks and BamBam to head in to Country Music Festival as I'd promised the kids we'd go in and have a sticky beak. So off we went on a boiling hot day. We also had to get new school shoes for Piddles and BamBam. It was hard finding a park, but we did get one not too far off.... then we walked and walked and walked and walked. Here is the main street of Tamworth yesterday, with just some of the crowds. At least 50000 come to the Country Music Festival I believe.

HotCheeks, Piddles and BamBam at Country Music Festival, Tamworth, 2007.



At one point BamBam spied a child with an orange balloon advertising broadband internet and he wanted it. He was crying and kicking in his stroller, and everytime we passed someone who had one (a lot of kids had them) he'd try to grab it from them. Finally we found were they were handing them out and he got one:

After that walking and loud music (they have buskers all along the main street and its closed to traffic) we picked up Shoey when he finished work and drove (we he drove, I felt my reflexes were a bit off, being so tired) to my sisters house 2 hours away. She has just bought a new farm and we thought we'd have a looksee. We got there about 1800hrs. It was really hot there too. Anyway, here is a photo of Piddles, HotCheeks and Missy on the swings at my sisters new house. DJ and BamBam are running away in the background. AmandaCake is behind and under Piddles.
That was yesterday. Today, being a public holiday, Shoey is home, and I'm actually home too. Oh, btw, we got home at about 2330 last night. It was a long day. And we crashed. And slept in until about 7.30. Probably the longest we've ever slept in for since BamBam blessed us with his arrival. Then we walked down the street, because they were having an Aussie Day breakfast, but we missed it... we were too late. The walk was nice, but it was already hot. When we got home, Bambam took off up the back to the chooks pen. I'm not sure what he's doing here, he was telling me something, and as I snapped it, he put his hands out!Then he of course had to try to catch the chooks. He often gets them too! Here is a short video. You can see he's very impressed when a small chook jumps onto the roosting bar!!!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


And in this final one for today, he's chasing the rooster around, and around and around! He's calling out 'oh, oh, oh, oh' which I don't know what he meant. Maybe he thinks thats how the chooks sound or perhaps he's calling them???

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos









5 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I said in an e-mail sent earlier to my son, don't worry about your blog not being seen. We love it and check at least once every day. Probably twice is least to be exact. Keep them coming. We are looking forward to our visit this summer, but not the long trip.
Mom

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Micah and Beth said...

You guys had quite the day... as tired as you all were, I bet it was time well spent. It looks like you had a good time, despite being sleep deprived. Those memories are so valuable. It's funny how at the time, you might not be enjoying it, but afterward, you really treasure the time spent together.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

Wow, you are good! After a night shift I would refuse to leave the house (admittedly easier to do with just one little kid) and we'd have a quiet day. You're brave to take on the country music festival at any time, you must have been exhausted!
What is on the front of BamBam's shirt? I could make out the back but the front was too small.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger The Funny Farm said...

Hi Robyn, the front of his shirt has a picture of a rocket and says "I'm not bad, I have Autism". Saves me explaining is behaviour at times and amazingly I don't get so embarrassed when he does 'unusual' things!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger The Funny Farm said...

Hi Robyn, the front of his shirt has a picture of a rocket and says "I'm not bad, I have Autism". Saves me explaining is behaviour at times and amazingly I don't get so embarrassed when he does 'unusual' things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home