Vitamin Deficiencies???
I'm posting this late at night, mostly as a sounding board. The past couple of weeks we saw a sore spot in BamBams mouth, on the inside of his cheek. Several weeks before that he had what looked like blisters on his lips and his lips have been dry and painful looking ever since. We continually apply PawPaw ointment to them in a hope the natural enzymes will work quicker than other more chemical compounds. Tonight after his bath I noticed he has three or four large ulcers on the inside of his bottom lip. They are about half a centimetre diameter. He doesn't complain, but he doesn't know when he's hungry either. SO... I'm worried that even though he eats a large amount of fresh fruit and vegetables that he may be deficient in vitamins or minerals. Its a month before we can get in to see his Paediatrician. The local doctors don't want to touch him... he's a bit complex. Tomorrow, however we will go and see the CDS team (Child Development Service) and I'll ask them in they can get me a form to have him tested for deficiencies. Will keep you posted.

2 Comments:
I wish I had advice to offer! Sorry!
Hmmm, Paul and the girls get mouth ulcers when they're run down and usually bumping up the fruit/veg and multivitamins helps. The other thing that helped when Paul was getting them regularly (he was stressed to the max with study/work stuff) was to try to eliminate SLS which is in most dishwashing liquids/toothpaste etc. Cedal toothpaste doesn't have it and I always rinsed our dishes after washing them. I know Bam Bam is restricted in diet so maybe you've already gotten rid of chemicals like that too but thought I throw it out there :)
Post a Comment
<< Home