Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Old Puppy, Pre-School and Swimming Carnival

Dear Readers, My apologies for not posting for a few days. Its been crazy here without Shoey. He does so much, and I want him to know I don't take him for granted and he is terribly missed. We can't wait to see you on Friday. Now onto the post. Last Sunday we were given an older dog. He is a Golden Retreiver and his name is... wait for it.... drummroll.... Reily.... hmm. Suffice to say we call him boy or dog. Otherwise our BamBam gets all mixed up. He is 8 or 9 years old and he's lovely. Apparently he's always been an outside dog, but he's taken to our inside and outside. He's very friendly and calm. BamBam has even ridden him. I will put some photo's and video's at the end of this post of him and the kids. BamBam started preschool today. He seemed to love it. He didn't have a nap though, so that was a bit of a nuisance this afternoon. They actually don't offer kids a nap there, but they have made and exception for BamBam. They told me he fell asleep at the table at lunchtime so they moved him to a quiet corner they had set up for him to lay down in... of course moving him just wakes him up.. he's the only kid we've had who we can't move when he's asleep, as he always wakes up. So they tried to move him. Didnt work and he stayed awake. I had explained to them what to do if he seems tired (and its generally obvious when he's tired, especially when he'd been up since 4am this morning). Well, I got him home and after about half an hour he was missing for about 5 minutes. I found him out on the back verandah in the stroller sound asleep! He's just so beautiful. All the time. So are Piddles and HotCheeks. This afternoon Piddles went from school with Mama C to her school swimming carnival. She was terribly diapointed that she didn't get to go in the water. While she was there I took Hotcheeks and two of his school mates into Martial Arts. When we got into town I left the kids in the car and dashed into Coles (supermarket). I was in there 4 minutes. I timed myself to be quick. When I came back out it had poured rain in that short time and the kids didn't put the windows up... so my seat was the wetest. After dropping the kids off at Martial Arts BamBam and I went over to the pool where Piddles was. We ran into Mama C's husband just leaving and I mentioned how wet I was from sitting on a wet seat. His response "well there are a lot of people with wet bottoms in there (indicating the pool) so you should fit right in". How funny.



Hotcheeks and BamBam enjoying a homemade all fruit iceblock. BamBam only licks them, won't put his mouth on it!



Piddles, BamBam and Hotcheeks posing for a photo with the dog. Unfortunaely BamBam didn' want his sister and brother near 'his' dog! He was pushing them away.

He finally stood with them.. for a moment.

Then he tried to take the dog from them!

in the end he gave up and found the dogs bowl more interesting anyway.

Here are a couple of video's of BamBam's first day at PreSchool. Again, I have put a caption under the video. Click on the picture to view.
Wednesday, February 7, 2007


2 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Micah and Beth said...

Piddles is super tan! What I wouldn't give to be in the warm weather getting a sun tan. Instead, it's below freezing here!!!

 
At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my we do enjoy all the great pictures and comments that you leave on the blog. Almost impossible to tell you how much.

epa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home