Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Blog Update

Oh my, I can't even think of an original heading for this one! That is a worry. I just wanted to update the blog, as its been a while again. I have no excuse...well I have lots of excuses, but none that are really valid. I'm lacking any motivation for anything. It must be catching, 'cos Shoey is a bit like it too. So I figure I'd better get my act together, get motivated, so he can 'catch' that from me, so I can 'catch' it back!

Last week Shoey was away from Wednesday until Friday. Piddles was sick on Wednesday, HotCheeks was sick on Thursday and I started to get it on Friday. I worked Friday and Sat night shift, but called in sick on Sunday night. I'm working again this Wednesday night, then afternoon shifts on Sat and Sun. Piddles still has some remnants (cough) from being sick. HotCheeks was a muscular problem, most likely caused from soccer training last Tuesday afternoon. I was concerned he had appendicitis, and took him to Dr Ben, (our local GP). When asked if he'd used his bowels, and if so, what was it like our very observant son said, "well part of it was type 1 and part of it was type 4." Oh dear. Perhaps I should explain that on the back of our toilet door I have a couple of posters... one is the 'bristol stool chart' and the other is 'the correct position to open your bowels' or something to that effect. I brought them home from work and put them up as a joke, but they've been there for months, and I can see now they are actually being read.

On Thursday night our lights in the house began flickering at about 7pm. Piddles began having kittens.... I had already put BamBam to bed, as he didn't have a nap that day, but of course the light going out would wake him up, so I dashed outside to grab the solar lantern and as I did I saw it... huge orange flames, with opaque grey smoke... the house down the road (actually turned out to only be the shed) was well and truly alight. So I dashed back in, by this time the power was gone (remember last time Shoey was away we had an 18 hour power outage). Then we heard the sirens.... BamBam woke up, so we went out and watched across the paddock. Somehow they managed to save the house. I don't know how....as the fire was enormous. I couldn't go to offer help, as I had the kids, and Piddles was having kittens... she wanted us to evacuate..... oh boy. Never mind. The smoke was smothering, and was everywhere. BamBam was terrified. He was shaking, it was awful. He's never really been afraid of anything. The next morning when we got in the car he looked across the paddock and made siren noises.. he remembered.

Piddles starts Easter holidays next week, she's got 3 weeks off. HotCheeks has 2 weeks off starting Good Friday. BamBam has 2 weeks off Pre-school and 3 weeks off Early Intervention. Shoey and I have been looking at ABA, RDI and a few other therapies to complement BamBam's program (or lack of). The night schedule we did is working a treat, and Shoey mentioned that a 'meal' one might be the go, so I've spent 2 days figuring it out, just have to buy a few things this week and we'll begin trialling it on Saturday. The feeding with the spooon will be the challenge, as well as keeping him sitting. Meanwhile his ulcers have all but cleared up, and he's been really good (aside a few tantrums, but all 3 yo's have them).

I'm trying really hard to finish the book called Eldest that Shoey and I are reading...so often we start the same book at the same time, so I can concentrate on my university study that I haven't even looked at yet and have assignments due in a couple of weeks, but I know if I don't finish the book, then I'll keep picking it up so my strategy is to finish the book, not start another one (Shoey... don't even think about telling me about any good books) until I get my assignments done. For those who asked, I'm doing a post grad teaching course in special Ed. If I can get through this year, then I'll only have to do next year and have a Masters in Special Ed. Sounds good, but getting throught his year, will be quite a challenge, because as i've mentioned, I'm not very motivated.

Well, I must go, I just noticed on the camera that BamBam has just woken up. Until next time.

3 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger michelle said...

You are the busiest woman I know on the planet.
Poor BamBam with the fire! Did they ever figure out who set the fire? I haven't watched the news of late.
Let me know if there is anything we can do to help make the study time more possible.
Topsy actually isn't coming over for the half hour those two mornings in the holdiays.
I would forget and stuff your schedule around anyways!
Talk soon.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger The Funny Farm said...

Thanks Mama, but you can bring Topsy over if you want. I actually still have plenty of free time, I just don't manage it very well and frankly couldn't be bothered studying! Isn't that terrible? I will get my act together though... I just like to complain!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Micah and Beth said...

You have had quite a week!!! I wouldn't know how to title this blog update either! There's so much going on. You are incredibly witty too! You really crack me up. I love the story about Hotcheeks and the bm. He's such a smart lad. I'm glad to hear that BamBam night schedule is going well.
And- you're getting your master's? You seem awfully motivated to me!You've had so much experience with SPED, you should do very well in your classes. So are you wanting to go into teaching?
Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home