Saturday, June 02, 2007

Long Time, No post

Well, I'm behind posting on here. Apologies for that. Its been a very hectic month, with assignments due and trying to work with BamBam every day, night and in between, as well as chase up programs for him etc. Shoey and I spend every spare moment researching, reading and learning. Then we pass that onto Piddles and HotCheeks, who take it on board and that way BamBam gets totally constistancy from most of us. Shoey and I slip up occassionally!!

i'm in Sydney at the moment at an ABA course. The same one Shoey did in May. It is one of the therapy's we plan to use with BamBam. We already use a bunch of the techniques and did before we even heard of it!

Now to bring you up today very very quickly, as I am falling asleep typing this.

Piddles is great, loving high school and the fees we pay are definitely worth it. For all our sanity. Her report card was fantastic and she is excelling in a few things we had no idea about!

HotCheeks is cool, calm and collected. He made it onto the school soccer team, but didn't even tell us he had tried out! He also plays soccer with a local club every Saturday. The won the past few, but lost today.

BamBam is going really well, and learning every day. He has some amazing skills, but we are still to figure out how to use them to help him learn day to day activities, such as speaking! He is saying many more words, he says 'bobble' for apple, he says 'da' for Dad, he doesn't say Mum for me! He says "mum more' for one more. hes trying to count, but only Shoey and I recognise this.

We were offered a consult with Wendy Lawson who is an adult with Autism, who tours the world talking, and she had some fantastic insightful ideas. I was SO impressed. We have used some of her advice and it has helped with a few of his challenging behaviour issues. He is also going to start at a new Early intervention next week. So life will get even busier.

Shoey is getting closer to opening the PaintBall Field. We can't wait.

Thats about it, actually there is a TON more! For another day.

3 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Micah and Beth said...

I'll take any info you can dish out on you all...no matter how little. I'm so glad the conferences is helping. I love to hear all the ways he is learning.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Joyce & Ken said...

Wendy,
i'm having a little bit of withdrawl problems about you all and with my parents being over there I need some 411 (info)I'm not pressuring you...I just want to hear how you all are doing.

Joyce

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger michelle said...

Yes, you just confirmed that you ARE the busiest people I know. and the most industrious!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home