Good times with a great Family.





We have been lucky enough to have Shoey's parents stay with us for the past two weeks. His Dad has helped him at the paintball field and his poor Mom has had to sit at home, probably bored stiff with me while I had kids in care. It has been great to see them and we hope it won't be too long before we see them again.
By the time they read this they will be already home, and probably still jet lagged, so here are some jetlag remedies from various websites:
* Take something special with you on your trip (this would only work I suppose if you are going somewhere strange...and we are strange, but as Mom and Dad are going home, one would hope they won't need that security blanket.
* Change your sleeping patterns for a few days before your long trip, to begin adjusting your internal clock to different time zones...hmmm, well too late now, Mom and Dad are already home...and I would imagine Mom especially is exhausted having to go back to work the day after they get home...ouch.
* Drink lots of alcohol... I doubt they'll do this one.
*Take your slippers on the plane with you... I think they probably already do this one as I don't know many people who don't.
*Dress comfortably (thats a no-brainer... 30 or so hours in planes and airports... you gotta be comfortable)
*Get out in the sunshine... do some simple exercise outdoors.. interestingly this sne came up in pretty much ALL the sites I searched.
And my own remedy is to sleep for a few days straight if you have that option, which I know they don't, but gee wouldn't it be nice?
So we have prayed for your safe journey home and we will miss you terribly. Hopefully the next time you come over we'll have your little 'motel room' set up better!
Meanwhile Shoey and his Dad drove to Sydney on Friday and picked up a bunch of paintball thingys. Here are some photo's of us firing. Shoey's mum refused to shoot, but the rest of us, excepting BamBam had fun. I can't wait to shoot Shoey!

2 Comments:
I hope you all had a great visit together. I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye. YOur paintball course looks really cool. I'm so excited for the opening. I'm also looking forward to hearing everything from M & D when they arrive tomorrow. Love you all.
We really enjoy your words and pictures. I wish I had taken some of your advice on jet lag.
e
Post a Comment
<< Home