In Loving Memory
Today is the 8th anniversary of Tiandia's death. By now she would have been 14 years old (nearly 15).
Not a good day... even though I figure I'll be able to cope betterbefore the day its not as easy as I make it out to be, but is less difficult than previous years. But still. I have decided not the remind Puddles and HotCheeks so they won't feel upset.
They have a mini-carnival at school today. I wanted to go, but have resurected this cold again (honestly, not just using it as an excuse).
I am going grocery shopping today. Need to get ingredients for a Sukuma Wiki!!!! Shoey wanted me to have a trial run of making it, but I assured him it is easy! (read: Shoey has tried my 'first time' recipes before and knows they often require some tweeking - to put it mildly)!!!!!!!!!!
I'm actually looking forward to getting out by myself. Usually having BamBam in tow is err...challenging at times. And I want to go to about 5 different stores (I must find a scuttle for the fireplace...I'm sick of having wood all over the place, so BBQ's Galore is on my list).
Meanwhile its a glorious day and BamBam and I spent most of it in the backyard.
Oh, MamaChamel, are we having Ugali on Monday night? I just looked up this dish I'm going to attempt and it says its great served with Ugali. Whatever that is. If we aren't I'll make it as well. OK? Just let me know (quickly looking up what Ugali is). Oh, its under the 'bread and grains' section of this website: http://www.kenya-mail.com/ugali oh, and its described as cornmeal mush... hmm. I think I'll change that to gormet cornmeal pottage.
Well, BamBam is up... must go. Until next time.

2 Comments:
I cannot begin to imagine how much her death hurt you, and continues to hurt you as you miss her.
I have written the date down though so in future I know and can send you a card or phone you!
I am making ugali, BTW, so do not worry.
Wendy,
I am thinking of you--you know its still the 15th here in the U.S. Hope you got through the day okay. When is Tia's birthday? That's probably another hard day.
love,
Joyce
Post a Comment
<< Home