Neighbours....everyone loves them... or do they?
Shoey and I have discovered a unique way to meet our neighbours.... chasing after lost animals... you all remember the Easter Sunday Turkey Hunt??
Well last Sat night I was at work. Shoey called me at 1am and of course I thought something was terribly wrong, well in a way it was, but not the kids, which was my first thought. He said "Tamzin is gone". Tamzin is our donkey.
Shoey had been out for a few hours by then looking for her. The story is long and really funny, but I'm so tired I'm going to give you the short version (and probably not so funny).
I got home at about 8am and out we went searching...no sign of her. We called the police and Shoey made the 'official lost donkey report'. The cop thought it was hysterical... "lost your ass????" he says.... ha ha ha.. hmmm.
The cop then said we should call the local council. Shoey looked them up and rang. The lady there said she had just started work and was reading "the book". She said...oh, here it is.. a donky picked up at Kootingal (our subburb) at 1am and its at the Pound... (dog Pound that is). Phew... at least we knew she was safe and she hadn't caused any accidents.
Then not 5 minutes later our Paintball Partner called up and said "you missing a donkey?" I said, yeah, but its at the pound. He said... nope, its at Moonbi (next subburb over.
??????????????? HUH ????????????????
How many donkeys go missing in Kootingal on a Saturday night.
So we jumped in the car to go and investigate... Sure enough, there she was, having a great feed in a blokes lucern paddock. (grrr).
Nice bloke, Shoey chatted to him for ages, then had to walk the doney home, as we don't have a float. How funny.. .some bloke even came out and took their photo with his phone he was so impressed!
But of course it wasn't just a simple walk home.. all went well until Shoey and Tamzin needed to cross a bridge... not good... Tamzin would NOT GO ACROSS.. So Shoey had to take her the long long way around.
And once again, we met a neighbour, while recovereing another escaped pet.
I haven't blogged for ages, and I'm totally tired right now... work, work, work (three jobs, one full time, two part time and full time study... ughh... and I shouldn't use it as an excuse, but next year won't be quite so hectic. What I'm trying to say is this blog won't be long and it wont say much.
I'm on a night shift tonight as well. But... I have finished uni for this year..just waiting for my results to see if I made it through.
I'm actually going to try to attach my last assignment to this post, because its on Fragile X and I know a lot of people still don't know a lot about it. It goes into some detail about teaching techniques and how they learn, as well as what it is etc. Its not my best work I might add, and Shoey didn't get a chance to proof read it before i submitted it.. so oh well. It is done as a presentation, but i coulnd't submi it as a powerpoint, so had to be a word document. Thats why (if anyone reads it) it has one page called 'slide 1', 'slide 2' etc, then the information relating to that. Confused yet?
And I'm putting some photot's here of Doob's birthday and of Reilly when he got into his suncreen. We use only natural sunscreen... no chemicals.. in fact we are now almost completely chemical free in the house. The past few months we have really made the effort. We use 'soap nuts' to do our laundry with (actually they are the shell of a berry), and totally no chemical shampoos and soaps and toothpaste, and sugar hairspray/mascara... all natural makeup and really the only chemicals we use is for the dishwasher, because i can't bear togive up my 'finish powerballs'. We use vinegar for a hair conditioner and all sorts of other things. We actually don't use sunscreen at all unless absoluetely necessary.. just cover up or stay out of the sun. Reilly is tanning up nicely. Weird for red hair, freckles, and blue eyes. He's only been burnt once..and even then by the next morning it was gone.. so it wasnt' really a burn.
He's coming along really well. Here is a list of what he can say (this is all I can think of at the moment):
Reilly’s words as at October 4 2007
Ay–0 = hallo
a-ey = same
Ay = egg
Ba – gool = pre-school
Ba-ey = baby
Bar bar bar = the sound a chook makes
Bat = paint
Bat-bor = paint ball
Ber = bird
Bi = big
Bi chuck = big truck
Biddee = Doobee
Bip ray = hip hurray
Bish = fish
Bo (pronounced as box without the x) = lunch box
Boo = blue
Boo = pooh
Boo ya = balloon
Bore = four
Bye = bye
Car = car
Cat = cat
Chacor = tractor
Shain = train
Shain chack = train track
Sheep = sleep
Shuck = truck
Co = cold
Come = come
Dah = dad
Door = door
Doot doot = train
Dop = stop
Dow = down
Due = two
Eeeeee (as in a neighing of a horse) = horse
Eey = please
Ehh = food
Ehy = three
Ey ey = finished
Ey ey go = ready set go
Gagi = taxi
Garmen = blanket
Gay = ok
Ge = get
Gier = green
Go = go
Go ba = goat
God = dog
Goo (pronounced correctly except without the d on the end) = good
Goo (pronounced correctly except without the se on the end = goose
Goo boy = good boy
Gool = school
Grarhma = grandma
Grarma = grandpa!
grayga = triangle
Gunck = milk
Gunk = drink
Hot = hot
I = five
Jed = Jess
Ki = kiss
Mah = mum
mo = no
Moo co = cow
More = more
Mou-yay = Mowbray (one of his gang he sleeps with)
Mub = jump
Mum = one
Nani = nappy
no (when he’s angry) = no
Nu = news (just say new without the w at the end)
O = off
O = on
Obe = open
ock = sock
oh dear = oh dear
o-oh = o-oh
Ou = ouch
Pah = help
phew = shoe
Piph = fish
Po = help
Qick = quick
Rou = round
Shad = Chad
shu = shoe
Torie = toilet
Trayga = triangle
U = up
Un – one
Wack wack = quack quack or duck
Woo hoo = woohoo
Woryay = water
ya = yes, but he hardly ever says this.
Yarh-goo = Reilly (go figure, but he can read his own name!)
Yeah = yeah (its not quite the way we pronounce it, but its close and I can’t figure out how to write it anyway.
Now for some photos'.. oh yeah, getting back to the photos'.. most are at Doob's birthday in August. There is one of Reilly after he got into his sunscreen.. at $36 a tube. but its lovely.. smells like nuts and leaves.






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home